St Mark’s RC Primary School Safeguarding Statement
At St Mark’s RC Primary School we recognise that high self- esteem, confidence, peer support and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all children, and especially those at risk of or suffering harm from abuse or neglect. Through our Catholic ethos, pastoral care, Safeguarding policies and relevant curriculum policies, our school will therefore:
- Maintain an ethos where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Include in the curriculum, activities and opportunities for PSHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and/or communicate their fears or concerns about abuse.
- Include in the curriculum, material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life.
- Ensure that every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and practitioners from other agencies.
St Mark’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place. Parents and carers are welcome to read the Policy on request; a copy of the policy can be found on this website
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare. We follow procedures as laid down by the Salford Safeguarding Board (http://www.partnersinsalford.org/sscb/)
Our Designated Child Protection Officer is Miss P Garner (Head Teacher).
The Deputy Child Protection officer is: Miss A McManamon
Use of Electronic Devices by Parents/ Carers/ Visitors
Please note that mobile phone use in school is not permitted except in the administration block. Photographs/Videos of children / adults on school premises may not be taken without express permission of the Headteacher.