What does being part of The Chaplaincy Team involve?
- Be a joyful witness of Christ in our school in the way they speak and act and treat others.
- Work with the Lead chaplain (Mrs Melia-Redgrave), and Miss Garner to make a plan of what we want to do.
- Support the staff and children in their work.
- Plan events to help the children understand special times of the year e.g. Advent, Easter.
- Support the children who are on the Sacramental Programme (making their first Holy Communion).
- Plan ways to use our Chapel.
- Work with classes to plan prayers, assemblies and liturgies.
- Help our school to make links with the parish of St Mark’s and attend Masses at St Mark’s Church at times.
- Attend meetings to welcome parents e.g. Parents’ Evening.
- Lead fundraising in school.
"Being a Chaplain is very hard, but amazing."
"It makes me feel 100% closer to God and Jesus."
"Being a Chaplain makes me feel proud, great, special and makes me feel like a nice person."
"I am proud of being a Chaplain, my favourite thing is being able to help with jobs."
" Being a Chaplain makes me feel like a Disciple. The Chaplaincy Team make me feel happy and welcome."
"You have a lot of responsibility, you help when people are going through a tough time and cheer them up."
"Being a Chaplain is a very important job because you have to help Year 3 with their Sacramental Programme."
"I feel a lot closer to God."