St. Mark’s is a Catholic School established to serve the needs of Catholic parents and their children within the Parish of St. Mark’s. The school is conducted in accordance with the rites and practices of the Catholic Church and embraces a philosophy of life and education which has Christ at the centre. This philosophy is based on our love of one another.
Welcome to St Mark’s RC Primary School
St Mark’s is a school where each child is valued and is given the opportunity to develop to his/her fullest potential in a supportive and caring environment. The teachings of the Catholic Faith underpin all that we do.
St Mark’s is a happy school where children are encouraged to aim for the highest standards in all that they do. Above all we value every single child as an individual and seek to work in close partnership with parents/carers to provide the best all-round education that we can.
We have a supportive Governing Body and a committed staff .Together they are dedicated to making St Mark’s a place where children can live out the school mission statement.
Headteacher- Miss P Garner
Visits to look around the school are warmly welcomed.
School Business Manager- Mrs C Greenwood
Telephone: 0161 794 3876
Please direct all queries initially to the School Business Manager
Our Vision and Ethos
St Mark’s is:
- A Roman Catholic School. We teach the Faith, doctrines and practices of the Roman Catholic Church. We work closely with the Parish of St Mark’s and our Parish Priest.
- A caring school where we want all children to be happy and well motivated.
- A school where children will be challenged and achieve high standards through a varied and enriched curriculum.
- A school where all members of the school community have equal access to learning opportunities and enjoy growing and learning together.
- To place Christ at the centre of our community and lead our children into full membership of the church by way of the Sacramental Programme.
- To foster a deeper understanding and commitment to our Faith.
- To work with parents, carers, governors and our Parish to educate our children.
- To ensure that every child is valued, known and loved in a safe and secure environment in which all share in success.
Latest School Events
- Swimming Y4/Y529Jan2019
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Swimming Y4/Y505Feb2019
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm