Welcome to Nursery
Class Teacher: Miss G. McHenry
Teaching Assistants: Miss R. Young
Nursery dismissal time is 3:20pm.
What You Will Need in Nursery
Homework is sent home every Monday and needs to be returned the following Friday.
PE: Your child's PE day is Friday. Please ensure your child comes to school wearing their PE kit on this day. The class teacher will clarify which kit is needed (indoor or outdoor) at the beginning of each half term depending on what their topic is.
Library Day: The children have the opportunity to borrow a book from the school library. Nursery's library day is Friday. Please note there is a £7 fee for lost library books.
Water Bottles: Children are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school each day. It may only contain water - no fruit juice or cordial please.
Click on the icons below to see recommended reading book lists for Nursery children:
- Come outside video about windy weather- www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsY4oLPhSk
- Nursery rhymes are an important way to build language skills and help children to be familiar with rhyme. Cocomelon on youtube has lots of nursery rhymes- www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVJ8PzzZV4
- For stories and reading ideas, look at www.booktrust.org.uk which has useful ideas and resources.
- Top Tips for Talking which we feel you may find useful, all these tips are used by our staff- Click here to view these tips.
Here are some links to some useful websites that you can visit for more information on your child's communication development, please have a look!
- sound pronunciation video
"Teaching handwriting is more than just getting your child to practise writing the alphabet. Whether your child is just starting handwriting, or they are having handwriting difficulties, the site is full of tips and ideas to help improve your child’s handwriting."